Tuesday, November 30, 2004

In the News

I read the New York Times every morning. I find that it's helpful to be informed and to know what is happening before the story disappears from people's minds. Most interesting right now is what is happening in the Ukraine with elections. I love that they are finally refusing to stand for stuffed ballots and other corrupt politics. I also love that the media went on strike and some that still aired refused to show the current regime's bias. They bypassed censors and showed the protestors. That is awesome. Check out the NY Times for more.

However, the most distrubing article I read today was on the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People). Apparently speaking out against the president now takes away an organizations right to tax-exempt status. Now that is not cool and could have MAJOR lasting effects. That, in my opinion, is the first step to an oligarchy or dictatorship.

The lesson being, read the news. Some of it might inspire you and some of it may anger you, but all of it will educate you.