Sunday, August 28, 2005

Forgettable

It is about time I cranked out another Harry Potter post. I was thinking something along the lines of Book Six and interesting. This shouldn't be a hard task, but it is quickly becoming difficult. The more I think about what to write, the more I realize that I don't remember Book Six. Wait a minute, didn't I just read it last month?

As much as I hate to admit it, my hind site indicates that The Half-Blood Prince was less interesting than I previously believed. Oh yes, there is a lot to say about Snape, but I've already had my words on that subject. Draco became a bit more interesting, but there isn't exactly a lot for me to say in that respect. Then there is always the "Is Harry a horcurx" question, but other authors have pondered that to exhaustion.

What it comes down to is that I need to read Book Six again. I know there was more to it than I am remembering at the moment. For instance, Harry went through some major changes that are worth exploring and I'm worried about the choices he has made. I have some time off for the next month so I'm just going to sit down with the book and ponder a few things. Hopefully some grand concept will pop into my mind. Until then, feel free to suggest any topics you wish.

Maybe I could also take this opportunity to write more carefully. It's not quite enough for me to write down ideas, I want to write well. (Yes, I'm brooding after discovering that there are those don't think I write well. I guess the bad grammar doesn't really help matters.)