Friday, August 05, 2005

GLARING ERROR OR EVIDENCE?

My friend Jess brought it to my attention that there is either a glaring error in the book or an obvious clue. I'm afraid to say that I wouldn't be surprised it is an error, but it would be interesting if it is not. I remember thinking about it when I first read it and then decided I must be mistaken, but now that Jess has pointed it out I have to address it.

Snape walks in at the end of the prophecy in Book Six. So why in Book Five does Dumbledore say that the person who heard the prophecy only heard the beginning.

I don't have the books infront of me to double check. I'm sure you'll let me know if this wrong.

So yeah. I have finals right now so I really can't do a full post on this. IF, and that is a big IF, it is not a mistake it could be more evidence for why Dumbledore trusts Snape. Although this theory does have its issues as well.

I keep thinking back to the wand fiasco in Book Four when Harry's dad came out before Lily. It would have meant a lot, had it not been a mistake.