Sunday, May 04, 2008

The original concept for this blog was that it would be a place for dialog on literature. At the time I created it, I was minoring in English and still studying Political Science. Those days seem so far away now.

In just a few short months, unless Murphy decides to show up and wave his law around, I will be graduating with a masters in mathematics. Later this summer I will be celebrating my second wedding anniversary, and next year I will be attending my sister's wedding. Isn't it amazing what a few years will do?

For the past few years, I have been tied up with my studies. Let no one say that a masters in mathematics is an easy degree. It meant lots of sacrifices including not writing and less reading. Yet that chapter of my life is drawing to a close, and I find myself returning to this blog. It will be a few months before I write anything here, but already I am ogling my bookshelf. I want to reread Harry 7 and then start in on Neal Stephenson and Neil Gaiman and of course more Dumas.

Since I can only be who I am, I believe this means I will return to writing and all of the wonder it provides. Just a month and a half from now, I will be back.