Friday, July 16, 2004

Debunking Another Snape Theory and
A Whole Lot of Other Dribble

Wow, blogger changed it's format! This is nice. Okay, okay...Not what I am here to talk about.

First of all, THANK YOU to Mugglenet for publishing my "What is Snape Doing for the Order of the Phoenix" article. Regulars on this site probably realized that this is an old article I wrote nearly one year ago. That's right, it was written quite a bit ago and Book Five was fresh in my memory. I'm not sure why Mugglenet took over nine months to publish it, I'm just glad they did. The problem is that this article failed to take into account one possibility. (I actually had many ideas to add but an article can only be so long!)

Many have written in to ask if Snape could have been in the circle of Death Eaters. I'm not going to outright say no, but I am going to say "unlikely". To leave everyone there would be unfair so I plan to write a part II to this essay. I will write down the reasons why it could be and then follow with the reasons on why I don't buy it.

When will this post and the many others I have promised come out? I'm hoping for one every two weeks as I'm back in HP mode and excited. However, I have been approached by About.com to write some Harry Potter reviews for them! If it all goes well, you should see them up on their site soon. The thing is (the reason for the however) that this is a great opportunity so it will be getting my highest priority right now.

On another note, THANK YOU to Greg for once again mentioning my site and my Snape article. I don't know if I have a gig with Mugglenet, but I did get my article posted nine months after sending it in. (I take it they have no shortage of articles...)

For those of you wondering why I haven't written anything for The Burrow lately, I haven't really received any assignments. I don't know what is happening. It's probably for the best since I have lots that I want to write here and other places. Maybe I will still get some guest editorials up?